Spa Manager - Management Careers - Scottsdale, AZ
Aloha and mahalo for your interest in Hawaiian Experience Spa. Hawaiian Experience Spa is now looking for an experienced manager to join its ‘ohana (literally means family – to the spa it means employees, as it symbolizes the spa’s thoughts on the importance of all employees) as Scottsdale Ali’i Nui (Scottsdale Spa Manager). The Ali’i Nui (literally means great chief) is the highest management position within the spa, and reports directly to the Mo’i (literally means highest ruler in Hawaii – to the spa it is used for the owners of the spa).
This is a stellar opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, and will afford you aggressive opportunities for advancement and career growth. With that being said, a desire to advance above this position is not necessary. As the Scottsdale Spa Manager you will be in charge of executing the spa’s vision of providing exceptional service (to both its ‘ohana and its customers), while spreading the Spirit of Aloha. You will have a great deal of latitude in accomplishing this. Your performance will be measured by your results and your ability to meet your sales, customer service, and employee retention goals.
These goals are accomplished by the Spa Manager taking personal ownership of the spa and viewing it as her own. In order to be a successful manager at Hawaiian Experience spa you need a great temperament, attitude, a genuine desire to help others and the ability to hold yourself to the high standards that you set for others. In particular, as the Spa Manager, you must display unwavering confidence, executive presence, excellent time management skills, have the ability to hold yourself accountable and have a vision for your spa.
Hawaiian Experience Spa is a growing business, moving into a stage of aggressive growth. This is a great positive as it affords exceptional opportunities for advancement and the ability to help shape the future of the spa.
If you are hired for this position, the first few months will be very challenging for you. The spa has a lot of different treatments, advanced software, procedures and management philosophies which must be learned. You will be required to start preparing for your management training immediately upon being hired (during your notice period at your current position), and upon starting work, you will go through vigorous training to get you acclimated to the spa.
In order to qualify for this position, you must have proven management/leadership experience and have the ability to embrace the spa’s vision. Prior to applying for this position, you should extensively review the spa’s website and background.
Please direct your cover letter and email to Mike Ibach, President and Acting CEO.
Spa Manager Duties
- Manage and increase profits through labor costs and other expense areas within your control
- Supervise 20-30 employees including desk staff, massage therapists, estheticians, and assistant spa managers
- Make schedules
- Maintain adequate staffing and maximize employee retention rates
- Drive Sales (Products, Massage Therapy, Esthetics, and others)
- Drive membership sales forward and retain existing members
- Take ownership of your spa, while still being a team player and assisting other spa’s as needed
- Keep the spa in compliance with all applicable codes, laws and ordinances
- Maintain and improve the spa’s relationship with its Landlord and neighboring businesses
- Keep positive morale within the spa
- Manage third party review sites, increasing the spa’s presence and ratings
- Take responsibility for every aspect of the spa, including items needed from subordinates and supervisors
- Manage inventory and retail displays
- Keep customers consistently happy, responding to and resolving any issues
Requirements For Spa Manager Applicants
You must have:
- Dedication to your chosen career path, with long term goals
- Management experience in a business or department with $500k-1 million in annual revenue
- Experience supervising other managers
- Exceptional customer service abilities
- The ability to be a team player (each Spa Manager takes ownership of his or her spa, however, not seizing on the strengths that come from leveraging the resources of multiple spas would be a mistake)
- Great time management and organization skills
- Fully open schedule
- Positive leadership mentality
- Stable work history with positive past employer relationships
- The ability to accept reality as it is, take responsibility for actions and to learn from mistakes
- Sales experience or a willingness to learn and a comfort with encouraging customers to make purchasing decisions that are right for them
- The genuine desire to embrace the spa’s philosophies
- An understanding of the nature of working within, and constructively contributing to, a growing business
- A degree in a business related field
- Industry experience
Spa Manager Benefits
- This position is a full-time, salaried position, requiring 45-50 hours per week.
- Work/Life balance: You control a lot of your schedule, work less than similar position and get two real days off per week (you are generally not on call or required to be available on your days off)
- Salary based on experience: The range is $30-40k plus bonuses
- A place to work where your managers and employer are always trying to do what is best for you. You will become part of our ‘ohana (‘ohana means family in Hawaiian) and will be treated in that manner.
- Company laptop
- Ability to help shape the company
- Advancement opportunities with higher earnings potential
- Fun and relaxed work environment (you can tell people you work in Hawaii :D) with a great staff
- Medical Insurance reimbursement
- 2 Weeks of Paid Vacation
- One free massage or facial per month (only $15 for additional treatments)
- Free use of spa amenities including steam rooms and saunas.
- 40% off any products you purchase for yourself or as gifts
- 50% off all services for your family members
- We are always looking to add more benefits for our ‘ohana. As the spa grows, this will be easier and easier for us to do. Some goals for this year are to look into providing 401k and health insurance for our ‘ohana.
- Full training in Spa Operations and positive management techniques
To apply for an Spa Manager position, please email Mike Ibach (firstname.lastname@example.org) with everything below:
- An up to date resume with your home address and phone number.
- An exceptional cover letter expressing why this position would be a good fit for you and you for it.
Our Scottsdale day spa has been open since 2007. It is conveniently located in northeast Scottsdale and serves clients in Fountain Hills, AZ, Phoenix, AZ and other surrounding valley cities.
Join Our Email List
Hawaiian Experience Spa employs licensed massage therapists, licensed estheticians, spa managers, and front desk / receptionists. If you would like us to email you with any new job opening please simply join our email list by clicking here.