Malama Kama'aina Wellness Program
Aloha and E Komo Mai (welcome)! We appreciate your interest in our Malama Kama’aina Wellness Program. Kama’aina (pronounced ka-ma-eye-na) literally means “child of the land” and is the term used to mean resident of Hawaii. Common usage of the word in Hawaii would be to say “I am kama’aina” meaning “I live in Hawaii”. Many Hawaii businesses offer kama’aina discounts. It pays to be kama’aina in Hawaii! (Fun Fact: Hawaii is consistently rated the healthiest state in the union!)Clients who participate in our wellness program are considered kama’aina at the spa. Malama Kama’aina! Malama means to “care for” and our plan is about caring for you. As kama’aina, you receive a host of benefits designed to help you better avail yourself of our wellness-oriented services. You also receive benefits that help you share the healthy spa lifestyle with friends and family.
Below are the benefits currently enjoyed by kama’aina along with the program terms. The terms are written to be straight forward, but if you have any questions, just contact one of our spas. Mahalo.
Malama Kama’aina Wellness Program Terms
- The initial term of the Malama Kama’aina Wellness Program (“Program”) is twelve months. Program participants are called “Kama’aina”.
- Every month the credit card used to pay for the Program will be charged $69.99. At that time, a 50 minute treatment (“Kama’aina Treatment(s)”) will be placed in the Kama’aina’s account.
- Kama’aina Treatments can be used for any 50 minute massage, facial, or spa treatment with a regular price of $99.99 or less. Kama’aina Treatments also…
- may be applied towards a longer or more expensive treatment by paying the difference between the price of the treatments.
- can often be combined to create a 100 minute treatment. Only Kama’aina and their guests can receive most 100 minute treatments (they are an exclusive benefit of the Program), but not all services can be provided in the 100 minute length.
- can be used as long as you are Kama’aina (they don’t have to be used the month they are issued).
- can be given to friends or family. When given away, treatments must be used within 90 days.
- Kama’aina may receive an unlimited amount of treatments, in addition to the Kama’aina Treatment included with the Program, at special Kama’aina pricing as follows:
- $59.99 for all 50 minute treatments with a regular price of $99.99 or less
- $69.99 for all 60 minute treatments with a regular price of $109.99 or less
- $109.99 for all 90 minute treatments with a regular price of $159.99 or less
- $139.99 for all 120 minute treatments with a regular price of $209.99 or less
- 30% off the regular price of all couples’ experiences, sauna or steam sessions, waxing and other treatments not covered above.
- Kama’aina’s guests receive the following special pricing when visiting with the Kama’aina or when the Kama’aina pays for the guest in advance:
- $69.99 for all 50 minute treatments with a regular price of $99.99 or less
- $79.99 for all 60 minute treatments with a regular price of $109.99 or less
- $124.99 for all 90 minute treatments with a regular price of $159.99 or less
- $159.99 for all 120 minute treatments with a regular price of $209.99 or less
- 20% off the regular price of all couples’ experiences, sauna or steam sessions, waxing and other treatments not covered above.
- Kama’aina may purchase gift certificates (excluding dollar amount gift certificates) or treatments for others at the guest rates shown above.
- Kama’aina will receive 15% off the regular price of most products purchased for themselves or others.
- Kama’aina discounts cannot be combined and cannot be used with coupons, specials, or other discounts.
- After the initial term of the Program, it will continue on a month to month basis at the then current monthly rate and terms until you cancel it.
- You may suspend the Program anytime. During the suspension your monthly charge is reduced to $10 per month. You may still visit and use your Kama’aina Treatments (including combining two to receive a 100 minute treatment) during that time but otherwise do not receive any Kama’aina benefits or pricing. All account charges must be current before you can suspend the Program. When you unsuspend the Program, your regular charges will automatically resume as of that date. If you suspend the Program during the initial term of this agreement the initial term will automatically be extended by the number of months the Program is suspended.
- This agreement cannot be cancelled before the initial term expires. In lieu of that, Kama’aina can pay for all remaining months at any time and terminate the Program at the end of the initial term. This immediately issues all remaining Kama’aina Treatments for the rest of the term so they can be used immediately. After the initial term, Kama’aina can cancel anytime with at least 3 days notice but not more than 30 days notice. Once the program is cancelled, any unused Kama’aina Treatments will only be available to use for ninety (90) days from the date you notified us you wish to cancel. Unused Kama’aina Treatments cannot be refunded under any circumstances. In the event that you default on this agreement or dispute any valid transactions with your bank or credit card company, you agree to pay all reasonable costs incurred by the spa and/or resulting from collection including bank fees, administrative fees, attorney fees, collection agency fees, chargeback fees and other reasonable fees. We may cancel this agreement at any time, for any reason, and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
- Kama’aina must abide by all spa polices shown on the policies page of our website and understands that violation of spa policies can result in cancellation of your Malama Kama’aina Wellness Plan without refund.
- There is a one time enrollment fee which is charged at the time of enrollment into the program.
By enrolling in the Program or paying for another person’s enrollment, you accept the terms of this agreement and authorize Hawaiian Experience Spa to charge the credit card on file in the amount indicated above until cancelled by you or us. You also authorize us to charge the credit card monthly after the initial term (unless the Program has been cancelled) as specified above, and to charge the credit card for any services (including late cancelled services and gratuity) the Kama’aina receives or authorizes without an additional signature and in lieu of presenting the card, unless the Kama’aina provides another form of payment. You also authorize us to charge your credit card for any fees as described above. You also agree to abide by all spa polices including the cancellation policy and understand that violation of spa policies can result in cancellation of your Kama’aina without refund. We may modify this agreement from time to time by notifying Kama’aina via email. If Kama’aina does not accept the modified terms he or she must notify us in writing within five days. Upon receiving the Kama’aina’s non-acceptance of the new terms we may allow the Kama’aina to continue the agreement under the old terms or we may cancel the agreement at our sole discretion. In the event your credit card is declined, all funds and treatments in the Kama’aina’s account will be frozen until the monthly charge(s) is/are approved. If the charge(s) is/are not approved within 30 days, the Program will be cancelled and the Kama’aina will forfeit any treatments or credits in the account.