Malama Kama'aina Wellness Program
Aloha and E Komo Mai (welcome)! We appreciate your interest in our Malama Kama’aina Wellness Program. Kama’aina (pronounced ka-ma-eye-na) literally means “child of the land” and is the term used to mean resident of Hawaii. Common usage of the word in Hawaii would be to say “I am kama’aina” meaning “I live in Hawaii”. Many Hawaii businesses offer kama’aina discounts. It pays to be kama’aina in Hawaii! (Fun Fact: Hawaii is consistently rated the healthiest state in the union!)Guests who participate in our wellness program are considered kama’aina at the spa. Malama Kama’aina! Malama means to “care for” and our plan is about caring for you. As kama’aina, you receive a host of benefits designed to help you better avail yourself of our wellness-oriented services. You also receive benefits that help you share the healthy spa lifestyle with friends and family.
ALL PRICES ARE ALL INCLUSIVE: No tip required or expected. Read more about our 2020 living wage initiative.
Below are the benefits currently enjoyed by kama’aina along with the program terms. The terms are written to be straight forward, but if you have any questions, just contact one of our spas. Mahalo.
- Every month the credit card used to pay for the Program will be charged $90. At that time, a 50 minute treatment (“Kama’aina Treatment(s)”) will be placed in the Kama’aina’s account.
- Kama’aina Treatments can be used for any 50 minute massage, facial, or spa treatment with a regular price up to $129. Kama’aina Treatments also…
- a. may be applied towards a longer or more expensive treatment by paying the difference between the price of the treatments.
- b. can often be combined to create a 100 minute treatment. Only Kama’aina and their guests can receive most 100 minute treatments (they are an exclusive benefit of the Program), but not all services can be provided in the 100 minute length.
- c. can be used as long as you are Kama’aina (they don’t have to be used the month they are issued).
- d. can be given to friends or family. When given away, treatments must be used within 90 days.
- Kama’aina may receive an unlimited amount of treatments, in addition to the Kama’aina Treatment included with the Program, at special Kama’aina pricing as follows:
- a. $79 for all 50 minute treatments with a regular price of $129 or less
- b. $92 for all 60 minute treatments with a regular price of $149 or less
- c. $139 for all 90 minute treatments with a regular price of $219 or less
- d. $184 for all 120 minute treatments with a regular price of $279 or less
- e. 25% off the regular price of all couples’ experiences, sauna sessions, and other treatments not covered above.
- Kama’aina’s guests receive the following special pricing when visiting with the Kama’aina or when the Kama’aina pays for the guest in advance: 20% off the regular price of all services
- Kama’aina may purchase gift certificates (excluding dollar amount gift certificates) or treatments for others at the guest rates shown above.
- Kama’aina will receive 15% off the regular price of most products purchased for themselves or others.
- Kama’aina discounts cannot be combined and cannot be used with coupons, specials, or other discounts.
- This program will continue on a month to month basis at the then current monthly rate and terms until you cancel it.
- This agreement can be canceled anytime. Once the program is cancelled, any unused Kama’aina Treatments will only be available to use for thirty (30) days from the date of your last plan payment. Unused Kama’aina Treatments cannot be refunded under any circumstances. In the event that you default on this agreement or dispute any valid transactions with your bank or credit card company, you agree to pay all reasonable costs incurred by the spa and/or resulting from collection including bank fees, administrative fees, attorney fees, collection agency fees, chargeback fees and other reasonable fees. We may cancel this agreement at any time, for any reason, and reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at any time.
- Kama’aina must abide by all spa polices shown on the policies page of our website and understands that violation of spa policies can result in cancellation of your Malama Kama’aina Wellness Plan without refund.
- There is a one-time enrollment fee which is charged at the time of enrollment into the program.
By enrolling in the Program or paying for another person’s enrollment, you accept the terms of this agreement and authorize Hawaiian Experience Spa to charge the credit card on file in the amount indicated above until cancelled by you or us. You also authorize us to charge the credit card for any services (including late cancelled services and gratuity) the Kama’aina receives or authorizes without an additional signature and in lieu of presenting the card, unless the Kama’aina provides another form of payment. You also authorize us to charge your credit card for any fees as described above. You also agree to abide by all spa polices including the cancellation policy and understand that violation of spa policies can result in cancellation of your Kama’aina without refund. We may modify this agreement from time to time by notifying Kama’aina via email. If Kama’aina does not accept the modified terms he or she must notify us in writing within five days. Upon receiving the Kama’aina’s non-acceptance of the new terms we may allow the Kama’aina to continue the agreement under the old terms or we may cancel the agreement at our sole discretion. In the event your credit card is declined, all funds and treatments in the Kama’aina’s account will be frozen until the monthly charge(s) is/are approved. If the charge(s) is/are not approved within 30 days, the Program will be cancelled and the Kama’aina will forfeit any treatments or credits in the account.