Felisha L.,Licensed Aesthetician
- Aesthetician since 2012
- Mother of 3
- Vocal performer
- Laser License 2010
My Healthy Tip: I know it is a hassle to use several products and many don’t have the time or the money to spend on a lot of products. It is ideal to cleanse, tone, and use a serum and moisturizer but sometimes it’s not possible whatever the case maybe. My advice would be to choose the two products that make the most sense to a skin care routine and still give you the benefits. That would be to get a good cleanser and a good moisturizer. One for day and night perferably, a daytime SPF and a nighttime moisturizer. Then build your products from there. Eminence products go a long way, you don’t need a whole lot of product to make a huge difference in how your skin is looking and feeling.
About Me: Aloha, I would love to introduce myself to all inquiring. I am excited about my new chapter working at Hawaiian Experience Spa. I am the mother of three grown young men that have all left the nest in the last few years. I am starting a new phase of my life. I was blessed with a grand-daughter in August and I thrilled after raising three boys! I grew up in a big family in southern AZ. I am the 7th child of 8 and the 77th grandchild. There was never a dull moment. My dad was a farmer and had his own excavation company and I spent my summers outside helping in the garden. My mother and I would can fruit and vegetables. My parents taught me about values, morals, hard work, and integrity. I grew up going to church and singing. In school I was in band and choir. I have a love for music, concerts, musical theater, film and anything artsy. One of my best experiences was touring Europe with a choir, singing in Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland and Austria. I have even had the chance to sing the National Anthem for the Daytona Cubs baseball team in Florida and the Inland Empire 66ers. Now I spend my time cooking , baking, and spending time with loved ones. I try not to take my time for granted.
What Aesthetics Means To Me: When I was a young girl I looked up to my four oldest sisters that were into doing their hair and makeup. One of my sisters went to cosmetology school, and another became a Mary Kay Director. My sister that was the Mary Kay Director got my mom into it, so from a very young age I was taught how to take care of my skin properly and how to apply makeup the right way. I got into the routine of washing my face morning and night, toning, applying sunscreen, and taking care of my skin. I don’t think I have had many days where I have not stuck to my routine. In 2010 I decided to attend National Laser Institute where I graduated and and received my laser license. Then in January 2012 I enrolled at G-Skin and Beauty for aesthetics and graduated in August 2012. Since then I have worked for Hand and Stone, Re-create Med Spa, 3 different Massage Envy locations, Touch of Tranquility, and Ulta Beauty. I have worked with products like Jan Marini, Clarity RX, Murad, Dermalogica, Image, PCA, and Eminence. I love skin and getting to the root of the problem. I ask questions and want to know your routine. This is how we solve issues together. Sometimes it’s a simple solution, but asking questions is key. I am a healer by nature and I love helping people. Even though I love the skincare part of it , I also love that my clients can feel comfortable and relaxed enough to fall asleep on my table. There is a lot of energy focused near the head and face on the body. My job is to get rid of that negative energy so you can feel refreshed and full of positive energy at the end of the session.
My Education And Training:
- G-skin and Beauty – Aesthetics License 2012
- National Laser Institute – Laser License 2012
- Mesa Community College 2015-2018 – Associates in Arts in Nutrition Dietetics
- Eastern Arizona College 1995-1996 – Vocal Major Piano
- Continued Learning – 2014 – Murad – 2015 – Dermaplaning, airbrush spray tannning, Eminence – 2017 – Dermalogica
My Specialties: I have advanceed training in chemical peels and have worked with many clients with hormonal issues. I am also trained on lymphatic facial massage. I love incorporating massage into all of my facials.
My Favorite Eminence Products:
- Clear Skin Probiotic Cleanser – Great for clients experiencing acne, especially when it’s fungal related.
- Wild Plum Eye Cream – The vitamin K in the product helps with dark circles and plumps saggy and droopy skin under eyes.
- Yam and Pumpkin Enzyme Peel – gets rid of impurities deep in the pores, helps with pigmentation, leaving you with clean refreshed lighter, brighter skin.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Hyaluronic Serum – I love it because we live in the desert. Most of us can plump up fine lines and wrinkles by hydrating skin. Hyaluronic molecules are small so they enter the skin fast as well. This is a must have! Plus it smells amazing.
- Coconut Age Corrective Moisturizer – I love this product because it is remarkably hydrating and the smell of it makes me feel like I’m on tropical island. Need I say more?
Five Star Guest Reviews:
The below five star reviews about me are from third party websites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google and Spa Finder. I would love to add yours!