Hayden D.,Licensed Massage Therapist
- Therapist since 2019
- Born and raised in Chandler, AZ
- I love hiking
- Best at working with medical conditions and injury
- I love to learn new things
My Healthy Tip: Always drink plenty of water after a massage and just in general, we live in a desert!
About Me: My name is Hayden Dierks, I am a free soul with an open mind and a receptive heart, I grew up in Chandler, Arizona and absolutely consider myself at-home in the desert (Desert Rats, as my family often endearingly calls those who feel the same way). I don’t mind the heat of summer and am not afraid to go on early morning hikes when it’s still 95 degrees at 6am on South Mountain. I keep hydrated and active so that I’m at my best and healthiest in the mid-day sun and all other times of day or year. I enjoy walks in nature where I can commune with life and the wilderness that I feel inside my mind and heart.
What Massage Means To Me: Massage Therapy has been an incredible blessing in my life, enabling me to learn lessons and new ways of thinking and to remember the FEELING of my body that I would never have had the grace to know had I not chosen to walk this path. Not everything has been comfortable and it hasn’t always been fairytales and rainbows. Things have been hard and I’ve had to look at myself in ways that made me feel uncomfortable. But that’s exactly WHY I care so much about this work and about my clients. I am here to provide a loving container where every individual can heal and move in whatever way they need to. Relaxing massage is one thing, therapeutic healing is another, and each have their place to heal in their own way. A good awareness to have is to know that things can come up while in session; emotions, feelings, old thought patterns, and discomfort that needs to be looked at. This is the work, and it needs to be done. So be gentle with yourself and trust that your intuition will guide you.
My Education And Training:
- Received massage license from Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in 2019
- Medical Massage; Including conditions such as Lymphatic Drainage, Fibromyalgia, Pregnancy, Massage for Cancer Survivors, Elder Touch, Myofascial Energetic, Medical Conditions requiring Deep or Light Touch.
- Deep Tissue Sculpting; I don’t use lotion or oil in this type of massage, as I warm up the tissue using a natural lubricant called Sebum that optimally allows for the deepest work possible. Applying slow deep pressure from the origin to insertion points of the muscle, I sculpt through the layers of tissue. This allows for the body to set its own boundaries for how deep I can safely go without causing injury.
- Myotherapy: 7-Step Release System; Taking advantage of the body’s natural inclination for movement, I use several different techniques to create the most release and increase of range of motion in the body. This type of massage is best for people who are looking to do therapeutic work or who are dealing with localized pain (frozen shoulder, low back pain, hip pain, etc.).
My Favorite Services:
- Hawaiian Experience Lomi Lomi: this wonderful modality is great for bringing peace and healing to the body, mind, and spirit. Feeling like the waves of the ocean are washing over your body.
- Coconut Sea Salt Lomi Lomi: this is great for your skin and smells really nice.
- Maui Relaxation Experience: one of my favorite spa treatments. Very relaxing indeed.
- Waimea Couples’ Relaxation Massage: bring your significant other and enjoy a romantic massage while still receiving some awesome bodywork.
Five Star Guest Reviews:
The below five star reviews about me are from third party websites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google and Spa Finder. I would love to add yours!
"- John D., GOOGLE REVIEW - 5 Stars
Had such an amazing time tonight with my lady. I highly recommend checking this place out. Hayden and Cynthia did such an amazing job on our couples service even though we wouldn’t shut up."
"- Sydney B., YELP REVIEW - 5 Stars
I had a 90 minute massage from Hayden, so relaxing and helped release all the knots in my upper back and neck area. Definitely recommend spa + massage therapist!"