Holly T., Licensed Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapist since 2006
My Healthy Tip: Hydrate before and after massage and bodywork. While receiving massage, breathe and focus on relaxing all the muscles in your body. By doing this, you are working with your therapist to have the best outcome from your service. Our bodies need water and oxygen to relax.
About Me: Born in Phoenix, grew up in AZ and NM primarily. I have been back in Phoenix since 2005 when I went to Arizona School of Massage Therapy. I’ve been drawn to movement, music, and dance since I can remember. Massage is a dance and encourages movement. So, I get to dance and listen to music all day while helping people. Helping others is a significant purpose for me in my life. When I’m not doing massage, I am spending time with my daughter, seeking adventure, learning something new, and enjoying life in the moment wherever I find myself.
What Massage Means To Me: I feel like massage opens people up for life to come in. Through massage and bodywork, we are retraining muscles for optimal performance of our bodies. We are creating space for energy, like blood, to move through to feed and nourish our muscles, tissues, cells. As a result, we can think, feel, and be more open to life’s possibilities. I enjoy being a calming influence and a helping hand to encourage healthful living. I’m very happy to be a part of a like-minded community of healing individuals.
My Education And Training:
- Licensed Massage Therapy Certification from ASMT -2006
- Body walking Certification with Tod Miller -2008, 2010, 2018
- Myo-functional Release Massage with SWIHA 2012
- Aromatherapy Therapeutic Touch with SWIHA -2014
- Swedish Sedona with SWIHA -2016
- Himalayan Salt Stones with Hand & Stone -2020
- Decompression (cupping) Therapy with Hand & Stone -2020
Specialties: I started as a new therapist in a chiropractor’s office, so I tend to approach the body with a therapeutic mindset. Since then, I have worked in a variety of spa environments where I blended my therapeutic mind with the art of relaxation. I have a lot of experience with clients who have had surgeries, cancers, and varied disorders. With these and any client, communication is key. After experiencing a lomi lomi massage, I knew I wanted to get involved in such a powerful and beautiful healing experience. I see a lot of value in using hot stones to help relax tight muscles, especially when less pressure is desired. Light to deep pressure, hot stones are marvelous. Body scrubs are wonderful to aide in healthy lymphatic and blood flow. Body wraps are such a great way to remineralize our bodies. I’ve been told I give amazing scalp massages. I’m very detail-oriented and find importance in working areas of the body that don’t always get as much attention, like hands and feet. I have a very whole-body approach. Depending on the needs of the individual, I can do light to highly therapeutic pressure. Even though I can bring on the pressure if needed, I have a gentle touch and calming demeanor. I enjoy learning new specialties & treatments to enhance the client experience and it’s fun for me.
My Favorite Services:
- Hot Stone Massage: the hot stones easily melt away tension and are highly detoxifying.
- Hawaiian Experience Lomi Lomi: your body will thank you for such a magical experience that leaves your body feeling relaxed and connected.
- Chocolate Lovers for Lovers: afterwards you and your partner will be open and ready for anything that comes your way together and hungry.
Five Star Guest Reviews:
The below five star reviews about me are from third party websites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google and Spa Finder. I would love to add yours!