Nathan B., Licensed Massage Therapist
- Massage therapist since 1999
- I live for my family and my three amazing boys.
- I have two wonderful therapy dogs
- I have trained in Martial Arts for over 30 years.
- I have a degree in Psychology
My Healthy Tip: With what is going on the world today, exercise or some form of a physical outlet (i.e. hiking, yoga, swimming…) is more important than ever. Exercise helps to release all the necessary hormones and endorphins to keep the brain balanced, from there the body will follow and begin to recover..
About Me: Aloha, I have been a massage therapist, over twenty years. I have lived in Arizona most of my life. I have dedicated my life in pursuing the education and awareness for understanding the complexities of the human body and its mechanics. I started learning about the alternative healing arts by training in the martial sciences at age six. This has given me a better understanding of body mechanics and how to apply it to massage therapy. I have my bachelors of science in psychology. I strongly believe that this degree has aided me with knowledge and awareness for the human condition. The knowledge of psychology, and study of the martial sciences, has given me a better understanding of the complexities of the mind and body paradigm, and how important it is to keep them aligned. I believe in the importance of family and a proud father of three boys.
What Massage Means To Me: Body work has been an intricate part of my life, starting with martial arts at age six, and formal massage training, at age fifteen. Graduating from massage school, October 22nd 1999. Doing an intensive contact sport brought my attention to the importance of learning how to heal the body. Massage therapy provided me with the skills for balancing the body with the mind. As a massage therapist I have come to recognize that most people have the same body ailments just for different reasons, (etc. desk work, hairstylist, nurses…). As a massage therapist, it’s very fulfilling to know that I have been provided with the skills to heal the body and watch how it changes people’s lives.
My Education And Training:
- Sports massage, 2000
- Deep Tissue, 2000
- Swedish, 2001
- Shiatsu, 2002
- Japanese Restoration, (Nihon Kaifuku Anma) from the institute of oriental therapeutic Science. 2003
- Thai massage, 2008
- Reflexology, 2009
- TMJ release, 2011
- Cupping, 2011
- Trigger point, 2015
- Lomi Lomi, 2016
- Sports massage: All athletes get hurt, not question of if, just a matter of when. Sports massage is a way of preventing injuries as well as repairing them. Stretching is one of the main focuses for this modality. A muscle can only be massaged so much before it becomes irritated and stretching is a way to enhance the massage.
- Deep Tissue: First, deep tissue does not mean for the massage to be painful. If the client is intentionally or unintentionally resisting the work that is being done it’s too much pressure. Deep tissue provides the ability to slowly work into the muscle, with the goal of reaching the clients threshold, therefore releasing the pressure of the muscle that is being focused on.
- Thai massage: Thai massage, also known as “lazy man’s yoga”. The word “massage” in Thai massage is a misnomer. Thai massage focuses first on activating the acupuncture points in the body. Also known as “Sen point’s”. The stretching is meant to open the joints of the body and enhance the Sen points.
- Lomi Lomi: Lomi Lomi is meant to be a very relaxing massage, with the focus of long full body strokes, under and over the body. This massage can be done as therapeutic modality. Thus, combining the longs strokes with therapeutic techniques.
My Favorite Services:
- Hawaiian Experience Lomi Lomi: this massage is a combination of long flowing strokes and therapeutic techniques. With the emphasis of opening the joints and enhancing the energetic flow of the meridian lines.
- Maui Relaxation: The Maui is great for introducing the lomi when face down on the table and regular sheet draping, face up. This provides a level of comfort for our clients that may not be quite comfortable yet, receiving a full Lomi Lomi.
- Body Scrubs: A body scrub is a great way to exfoliate the skin and warm up the tissue. This a great addition to add to any of our massage protocols.
Five Star Guest Reviews:
The below five star reviews about me are from third party websites like Yelp, TripAdvisor, Google and Spa Finder. I would love to add yours!
"- Angela S., YELP - 5 Stars
Took my daughter for her birthday. It was fabulous. Nathan and Brandon were fantastic therapists. I highly recommend and the experience was outstanding"
"- Patrick B., GOOGLE REVIEW - 5 Stars
I received a wonderful Lomi Lomi massage from Therapist Nathan B. Very professional, calm and relaxed environment, he made sure I received a massage that was tailored to my needs, and I left relaxed and tension free. If you are looking for a great massage, or it’s your first time here, book A massage with Nathan. You will not be disappointed. 😊 11/10!"
"- Emily O., YELP - 5 Stars
Absolutley fantastic massage! Nathan did an amazing job. Wish I had booked 90 mins vs a hour, didn’t want the massage to end!"
"- Marion Ritchotte, GOOGLE REVIEW - 5 Stars
Love thus place ,Nathan my therapist is so friendly and competent!!"
"- Reymundo, GOOGLE REVIEW - 5 Stars
Nathan was really good at giving the Lomi Lomi massage applied the right amount of pressure and the whole time he explained exactly what he was going to do before doing it and made sure I was comfortable."
"- Jenny, GOOGLE REVIEW - 5 Stars
Nathan was a wonderful host for our first visit to the spa. He was very professional and my husband and I had a great spa day today! Both of our therapists were great. Nice atmosphere, and the shower is a great experience. Will definitely be back!"
"- betty s., YELP - 5 Stars
Had a scrub and massage by Nathan. Best massage of my life.He really is a body healer. Thank you Nathan. I wish I lived closer. I’d be in all the time."
"- les, TRIPADVISOR - 5 Stars
My girlfriend and I had a 90 minute ‘Lomi Lomi for Lovers’ massage, with Nate and Rocio. SO relaxing and wonderful! This was our second time with them, and both times have been fabulous"
"- Stacy M., YELP - 5 Stars
We love the Island Experience! My wife and I can’t live without the Lomi Lomi treatment. We recommend Nathan and Kmarie, for individual or Couples sessions."