Gen B., Chief Operations Officer
- Ohana member since 2016
- Loves Dogs
- Obsessed with the Sahuaro Cactus
- Originally from Philadelphia
- Family to the owners
My Spa Tip: Like the spa’s Facebook pages so that you are always up to date on all of sales and specials that we offer during the year.
About Me: Aloha! My name is Gen. My family, including my daughter, my brother and our three dogs moved to Arizona in the summer of 2016 from New Jersey. We moved to Arizona to be closer to my aunt and uncle who are the founders of Hawaiian Experience Spa. My work experience is mainly in retail. I was a store manager of a Petsmart in Pennsylvania for 6 years. There I achieved the Circle of Excellence Award. That award is given to stores that are in the top 5% of the entire company. Before working at Petsmart, I was a manager of various departments at Target. My last position being head of Staffing and Development. There I handled all the hiring of new employees as well as training for all employees. I started at Hawaiian Experience Spa as a Spa Administrator and was later promoted to Kahuna Spa Administrator. I have enjoyed my time in the spa, it helped me learn about the business before moving into my new position. It also gave me a chance to meet some great people here in Arizona.
What I Like About My Job: I enjoy learning about the backend operations of running the spa. Most of my career has been handling what the guests see. I never realized how much work goes in on a daily basis behind the scenes to keep guest and ohana happy.
How I Try To Make Your Experience Exceptional: In my current capacity as Operations Manager, I help the spa fulfill our Spirit of Aloha Commitment by working with the owners to keep all systems and corporate tasks running smoothly. This ensures that are guests and ‘ohana enjoy exceptional experiences at the spa every day.
My Favorite Services:
- Chocolate Body Scrub and Massage: This body treatment not only leaves your skin smooth and refreshed but it leaves you smelling delicious.
- Waimea Couples’ Massage: This is a great couples massage for those who are new to Lomi and want to give it a try. It is half a traditional massage and half a lomi massage.
- Maui Relaxation: This massage is a great over all relaxation massage and comes with your choice of essential oil.